Saturday, December 20, 2008

Family Fun!

We have had such fun in December so far! On the 10th it was my handsome, wonderful husbands birthday. He is now an old 26 years of age. We had quite the day of celebration, as birthdays are a big deal in our family. He is such an amazing husband and an unbelievable father I could never do enough to thank him for all that he does for us! Love, love, love you babe!
Here he is about to blow out the candles on my hilarious attempt at a football field birthday cake. I ended up just putting the footballs all around it to give it some help. Oh well I may not be crafty but it's the thought that counts and he loved it!

This is the birthday surprise room that baby Kai and I put together with all of his presents for him. Dad loves surprises!
His favorite present was the one from MalaKai of course. We made him a "My Dad Is #1 Because....." book with the top ten reasons he is the best dad with pictures of him and baby. Kai added his own special touch on the back with some fancy finger painting (only a little help form mom).
Next came tree hunting time! We decided to make it our family tradition to cut down our own Christmas tree each year. It is so fun hiking around in search of the "perfect tree". This year it was a beautiful mini tree. We decided not to go to all the hassle of getting a big one since we are going to be in Oregon for Christmas. We are so excited!
I love the mountains!!
MalaKai and I enjoying the pleasant weather. I think I was enjoying it a little more, judging by the look on his face:)

And our precious MalaKai turned two months on the 17th. How the time has flown by. He is a hefty 13lbs and 22 inches. We love him and cannot remember life without our little guy!


We have also been to three work Christmas parties, 1 ward party, a wedding, and found out will be moving in the first of January to manage an apartment complex for free rent! So much fun already and the best is yet to come! Stay tuned:)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my heck he is so stinkin cute! I love little baby smiles. And I thought the cake turned out great! I couldn't even make a cake let alone decorate it all cute. Great job! :)

Josh, Amanda, and Talon said...

What a cute family! I love all your traditions and celebrations, they make the holiday's so much fun. It was so good to see you. Can't wait to see you again. Love you!

The Stone's said...

So fun! I love how tiny Kai looks next to his daddy! You guys are so cute! And fun that you get to move! Love new beginnings (not the young womens thing... a real new beginning). And you are so beautiful and that baby is the perfect mix of you two! I wish I could see you more often! Thank goodness for blogging! Love ya! Miss ya!

Allie said...

What a cute family. It has been a long time since I have talked to you I hope you are doing good.